Chakras can be balanced in many ways, e.g., crystals or affirmations. Practising yoga is also good, although for more experienced users. Learn today how to balance your chakras with yoga.
What Yoga Really Means
Wikipedia defines yoga as"a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practices or disciplines which originated in ancient India. Yoga is one of the six Āstika (orthodox) schools of Indian philosophical traditions."
There is a broad variety of yoga schools, and practices, mainly in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism.
The term "Yoga" in Western countries usually denotes a modern form of hatha yoga and yoga as exercise, consisting largely of postures or asanas. I will be writing about yogic asanas, beneficial for balancing each chakra, focusing on energy flow.
Why Yoga Is So Beneficial
You have probably heard about the benefits of practising yoga. For those who are not convinced of it, here are some benefits.
Yoga improves strength, balance, and flexibility.
It helps with back pain relief.
Yoga can alleviate arthritis symptoms.
Yoga protects from heart disease.
It improves the quality of sleep.
Yoga relaxes, helping to manage stress.
Yoga boosts your energy and brightens your mood.
It connects you with a supportive being.
How to Balance Chakras by Yoga
The Root Chakra
Crow Pose is a yogic pose that brings our panic energy to the base of the spine, the home of the first chakra and a place where we often conceal ourselves.
How To Do the Crow's Yoga Pose
1. Stand with your legs three feet apart.
2. Feel your spine rising tall from your pelvis and your weight distributed equally between both feet on the earth below you.
3. Maintaining the position of your feet, squat down with your feet flat on the ground, pressing your palms together in front of your heart in the praying position. Keep your elbows inside your knees and your spine as straight as possible.
4. Inhale slowly and deeply into your abdomen, hold it for a moment, and fully empty your lungs on each exhalation.
5. Continue holding this pose and breathe this way for thirty seconds to three minutes.
6. Finally, release the hands and bring yourself onto your back. Rest for a few minutes.
The Sacral Chakra
Doing Pelvic Lifts, you balance the energy in the lower abdomen area by using breath, visualization, and movement.
How To Do Pelvic Lift
1. Lie down on your back with your spine flat against the ground. Focus on your breath entering through your nostrils and filling your lungs.
2. Bend your knees so your soles are flat on the ground, close to your buttocks, with your knees pointing toward the sky.
3. Place your arms alongside your torso, with the palms pressing down against the earth. Alternatively, you can hold onto your ankles.
4. Inhale while raising your pelvis as high as possible. Lift your spine up off the floor one vertebra at a time. starting with the lowermost vertebrae and gradually moving up.
5. Exhale as you slowly lower the spine back down to the starting position, vertebra by vertebra, back down onto the ground.
6. While you take long, slow, and deep breaths, stay in the upward position. Completely fill the lungs and allow your rib cage to expand on each inhale. Remember to hold your breath in for a moment after each inhalation and exhalation. Continue for three breath cycles or longer.
7. To finish, inhale deeply and hold the upward position. Fully exhale while bringing your hips up a little higher. At the end of this phase, hold your breath out for as long as you comfortably can.
8. Inhale again and slowly exhale as you lower your spine down to the floor until the last parts of your body to come down are your buttocks.
9. While having your back flat on the floor, turn your palms up and stretch your legs out. Stay still, taking long, slow, deep breaths, feeling the shift in your energy body.
The Solar Plexus Chakra
The following chakra yoga exercise opens the flow of prana through the solar plexus If the full chakra yoga position described below is too difficult, keep your knees on the floor and push only your upper body up.
How To Balance the Solar Plexus Chakra By Yoga
1. Lie on your stomach with your toes pointed away from your head. Remember to bend your elbows and press your palms against the floor on either side of your body alongside your rib cage.
2. Then inhale and push your body up off the floor so you are supported by your palms and the tops of your feet.
3. Keep your heels together and the toes pointed throughout this exercise. Draw your neck back, creating one straight line from the top of your head to your toes. Look down at the floor between your hands Engage your abdominal muscles.
4. Hold the position and begin taking long, deep inhales and exhales. Draw your breath deeply into your abdomen and push it completely out.
5. To finish, bring your knees to the ground and press your glutes back toward your heels. At the same time, draw your hands alongside your hips with your palms facing upward.
Further reading about mind and thoughts:
The Heart Chakra
Amplify the vibrations of the heart centre by yoga pose and chanting the mantra silently, in your mind. It is pronounced “Hume Humm Brahmm Humm,” and it means, “I am I, and I am divine.”
How To Balance the Heart Chakra By Yoga
1. Sit on your heels in a kneeling position, keeping your spine straight. Remember to spend a few moments feeling the flow of breath entering deeply into your lungs.
2. With your elbows extended to the sides, and forearms parallel to the ground, turn your palms toward the ground and touch your middle fingers together in front of your heart. Keep your fingers straight.
3. Lower your eyelids until they are almost closed and focus your gaze on the tip of your nose.
4. Like when you have a song in your head, listen to your inner voice silently vibrating with the mantra “Humee Hum Brahm Hum”. Alternatively, you may wish to listen to the recorded music of this mantra.
5. With each repetition of the chakra yoga mantra, slowly extend your hands out from your heart centre straight to the sides. Keep your hands and forearms parallel to the ground and your palms facing down. While moving your hands to the sides, powerfully pull in your abdomen at the navel, lifting the solar plexus and diaphragm slightly.
6. Move the hands and arms back into the original position with fingertips together in front of you, as described in step 2. Release and relax the navel as you bring your hands into the centre.
7. Repeat the two previous steps, continuing the arm movement while keeping your eyes focused at the tip of your nose and listening to the resonance of the mantra in your mind. Continue for three to eleven minutes.
8. In the end, close your eyes completely as you inhale with your fingertips in the centre position. Hold your breath for five to fifteen seconds. Next, exhale and relax your hands down to rest on your thighs. Sit for some time with your eyes closed.
The Throat Chakra
If you want to balance the throat chakra, use the Camel Pose, which balances the energy of the neck and throat and releases tightness there.
How To Do the Camel Pose
1. Kneel on the floor with your legs hip-width apart and the thighs perpendicular to the floor.
2. Then relax your shins and the tops of your feet deeply into the floor. Place your palms on the back of your hips.
3. Inhale and lift your heart up while you allow your hips and thighs to press forward.
4. With your heart lifted, exhale and draw your shoulder blades toward each other to open the heart more deeply.
5. Breathing deeply in and out of your belly, continue moving your hips forward while gradually opening your sternum up toward the heavens. Pay close attention to the throat as you slowly lift your chin and tilt your head back.
6. Gently drop the head back as far as feels comfortable and lower your hands to your ankles. Continue breathing deeply.
7. Focus on relaxing your throat. Allow the healing energy in your throat to begin vibrating the sound “hummmmmmmmm.” on each exhalation. Release the sound out loud and continue for one to three minutes.
8. In the end, inhale deeply, fully filling your lungs and gently holding your breath. While exhaling, slowly lift your head and gradually lower your hips back down until you are sitting on your heels. Sit, lie down, or come into the baby pose, assimilating the effects of the posture.
The Third Eye Chakra
Placing your forehead on the floor activates your intuition because you bring energy to your third eye point. When you tip the head forward it shifts cerebral blood flow and enhances the flow of cerebrospinal fluid. Here are more details:
How To Balance the Third Eye Chakra by Yoga
1. Sit up on your heels in a kneeling position to start this chakra yoga pose. Deepen your breathing and recognize the flow of your energy arriving with every inhale. Feel your spine elongate as you hold it up tall. In the case of having difficulty sitting on your heels, place folded blankets or firm pillows beneath your buttocks and straddle them with your legs.
2. Spread your knees comfortably, and hinge forward from your lower spine. Then slowly move your navel toward the floor while extending your arms out toward the floor in front of you as well. Remember to keep your spine elongated and move from the lower back until you can place your forehead on the ground in front of you.
3. Focus on releasing your lower spine toward the floor. After that relax your entire back down toward the floor. Pay close attention to the vertebrae between your shoulder blades, melting that area so that your heart chakra can open.
4. Stretch your arms out on the floor in front of you and bring your palms together. Begin taking long, slow breaths while visualizing light all around you. Keep your palms together, pinkies lightly touching the floor, arms outstretched, and your whole body relaxed. Surrender to the pull of gravity. Settle into this position while breathing deeply for three to eleven minutes.
5. To finish, place your palms on the floor to support your weight with your arms and then lift your torso, beginning with your lower spine. Then slowly rise, vertebra by vertebra, until your head comes up last. Take a moment before standing up or rest on your back for a few minutes before returning to your daily routine.
The Crown Chakra
This simple chakra yoga meditation opens us to the experience of our own connection with all there is. Use the Guru Prasad pose
How To Balance the Crown Chakra by Yoga - Guru Prasad
1. Sit on your heels in a kneeling position throughout this chakra yoga meditation. Feel your spinal column rising tall and filling up with the light of your soul. Breathe and be present with the energy flowing through your breath.
2. Cup your hands together in a bowl shape, palms facing up toward the sky, in front of your heart.
3. Relax your shoulders so that your upper arms touch down snuggly but gently against the rib cage. Feel that you are in the presence of the divine and ready to receive a gift and that the infinite universe is right with you, wanting to give you gifts and blessings from its infinite abundance. Feel the universe pouring all these gifts into your hands for you to absorb into your being and into your life.
4. Lower your eyelids until your eyes are just barely open. Focus your vision on the tip of your nose.
5. Begin long, deep breathing cycles, Inhale deeply through the nose and exhale completely through the nose.
6. Continue for at least three minutes to complete this chakra yoga meditation. So much joy and love are just waiting to enter you. Allow this vibration to resonate into every molecule of your body and into your aura. Open, allow, and smile.
7. To finish, bring your arms down, place your hands in your lap, sit quietly, and resume normal breathing. Slowly open your eyes, seeing the world as a gift. While rising and beginning to move, feel yourself stepping into an energy field of delight, peace, and fulfilment.
Let's Meditate Together
Connect remotely during joint meditation on Saturdays at 10 am and 8 pm GMT +1 (IST). I will meditate with you and other people then use telepathy. Send your intention to the Universe. Transform your life and the world. Check and join upcoming meditations.
Learn more about meditation:
In A Nutshell
Today you have learnt how to practise yoga poses for balancing each chakra. Make the most of this tool to enjoy a happy life. Good luck. With lots of love and light,
Vicky is an experienced holistic writer and coach that inspires, motivates, and encourages everyone to become the best version of themselves - physically, mentally, and spiritually.
The content of Awaken Happy Life is published for educational and informative purposes only. It does not substitute medical or any other professional advice. Please seek professional care if you believe you may have a condition. The author of Awaken Happy Life is not liable for any consequences of applying any piece of advice published on this website by the reader.